People have to move for new opportunities or for some other reasons at least once in their lifetime. Be it within the same town or to a far-reached destination, when someone moves, they take essential belongings like appliances, books, furniture, clothing and many more things invariably with them. There is no dearth of companies to help you for moving and delivery. If you are in search of one of them, you can easily find on the Internet as well as on posters, in telephone books, on the exit of furniture store and so on. However, choosing the right one amongst them is not an easy job. Rather it is a bit tricky. Here are some factors that you need to consider to finding the right company.
- Plan well in advance – A move is not an overnight matter. To ensure a smooth, hassle-free and timely move, you need to chalk out a realistic plan before hiring a company.
- Budget properly – If you want to be on limited budget (which most of us do), you can go for a man and van service that would offer you a fixed cost package for their services. Even if they don’t, you can request them for one.
- Avoid telephonic quotes – Don’t accept any quote over phone. With such quotes, there is always a risk that the contractor may change their quote later and that too in an upward direction. And then, you may need to look for another contractor who may charge you even higher let alone the harassment part. So, it is always suggested that you ask for prior estimate in writing from a number of companies. Make sure your shortlisted companies must send a representative to your address for assessment and accordingly provide you with a quote. Such a visit is essential for establishing the condition in which the entire budget of removal and elaboration is likely to be made. Now you need to compare the quotes and choose one that you find reasonable. Also check their terms and conditions before making any commitment.
- Professionalism and insurance – Request them for in-depth information regarding insurance as well as its potential extension. Consider the things you want to be transported. Also, check if there are special items that need different treatment during transportation owing to its market and/or emotional values.
- Read the contract carefully – It is highly suggested to read the terms and conditions of the contract very carefully and check whatever clauses it contains.
- Get ready for potential claim – In case of hiring a man and van service, it is must to get ready from the beginning for any sort of potential mishap. Keep all the documentations like budget, contract, and advertising of the removal company handy so you can furnish them to justify a claim, if any. In addition, keep the chronology of the move including date and event, updated.
- Be there during loading and unloading – It is always good to be vigilant and present while loading and unloading your belongings to keep track any unwanted incident with your belongings during transportation.